The truth is, a big part of whether treatment will be successful or not depends on the patient more than anything else.
Some people quit after a couple of weeks. Some people take herbs “whenever they remember” – which could be once a day, every other day, or every few days. These habits just won’t cut it.
The patients who I see that get the best results are people who are truly determined to get better.
Here are the traits of my most successful patients:
• They are diligent. They never miss a dose of tea
• They are committed. Even if the ointments are messy or inconvenient, and even if they don’t like the taste of the tea, they stick to the regimen. They drink the tea and use the recommended creams or ointments 1-3 times per day.
• They are disciplined. They make sure to come in for follow-up appointments with plenty of time *before* they run out of herbs
• They are enthusiastic. As soon as they start to see changes in their skin, they get excited and stick with the program for the duration. They understand that this will finally produce results for them, in many cases after years of trying other methods.
• They are patient. They understand that healing the skin is a marathon, not a sprint.
Of course, herbal treatment is not able to help 1% of the people we treat. But most patients who follow the above guidelines see dramatic improvement with their skin.